[ Home ] [ Air Conditioning ] [ Overhead Evaporator and Heat Package ] [ Locker with HVAC Control ] [ Custom HVAC Examples ] [ HEP ]
Vertical Passenger Car Air Conditioning Evaporator
Phone: (503) 231-4808 Fax: (503) 230-0572 E-mail
See where our equipment is located on a typical railway passenger car
Our NW-BEOH-V and several similar vertically arranged air conditioning evaporator + heat units have been designed for systems where the best evaporator space available is a closet shaped area. Dome cars with the heater and air conditioning evaporator area near the end doors, track geometry cars with equipment rooms and generator cars with a small crew quarters are just some of the situations where these types of systems have been used. Several different models with several different capacities are available.
The systems include:
- Powder coated metal finish for long service life.
- Air conditioning evaporator pipe includes capacity reduction pressure switch, expansion valves, liquid solenoid valves and distributors all soldered together in the evaporator area.
- Evaporator drain pan has threaded connectons for drain pipe.
- Capacity of the several models are matched to coincide with the Northwest Rail Electric condenser capacity sizes.
- Heat capacity may be left off entirely, or have various configurations added. The standard version of the NW-BEOH-V has two stages of heat with a total of 18 kw if operating off of 480 volts. Other configurations are available.
- Systems have been built for 208 volts, 240 volts or 480 volts.
- Standard versions have a three speed blower, but some variants may be built with a 120 volt electronically commutated motor with a continuous speed range.
Related Products from Northwest Rail Electric:
For those doing a complete upgrade on a railroad passenger car, we also offer:
- Overhead Evaporator Units for those in need of overhead heat and evaporator in a more traditional location.
- The NW-BEOH-S heater and evaporator is designed for situations where the NW-BEOH-C would provide too much capacity. Examples include dining or kitchen areas, cars with two separate sections such as lounge and bedrooms, or the very small heritage coaches on some tourist railroads.
- The NW-BEOH-CAB is intended for cooling even smaller areas.
- Under-Car Condensers as a companion condenser for the above evaporator units.
- Electrical Locker Packages for converting a passenger car electrical system to HEP
- Generator Controls for running passenger car generators and providing power to the HEP system
- Under-Car Diesel Generators for providing power to the HEP trainline.
- Yard Power Units are used to power the HEP trainline when a car is in the shop or when a train is laying over at the station.
- HEP Parts including HEP Connectors for those adding HEP.
- Rubber Tube Diaphragms for those upgrading passenger cars to modern car end standards.
- Railroad Grade Wire for those upgrading or replacing railroad car electrical wire.
[ Railway Heating and Air Conditioning ] [ Under-Car Package HVAC Unit ] [ Roof Package HVAC Unit ] [ Electrical Systems ] [ Custom Controls for Railways ] [ Generator Controls ] [ HEP Parts ] [ HEP Yard Power Units ] [ Under-Car HEP Generators ]
[ Home ] [ List of Products and Services ] [ e-mail ]