[ Home ] [ Air Conditioning ] [ Overhead Evaporator and Heat Package ] [ Locker with HVAC Control ] [ Custom HVAC Examples ] [ HEP ]
NW-BEOH-S Passenger Car Overhead Air Conditioning Evaporator
Phone: (503) 231-4808 Fax: (503) 230-0572 E-mail
See where our equipment is located on a typical railway passenger car
Our NW-BEOH-S system was originally designed for systems where the original equipment had an evaporator at both ends of the car. However, a number of other cutomers have found this low capacity overhead heat and air conditioning evaporator helpful in various locations on their passenger cars. This has included providing separate control of a lounge in a sleeper lounge car, or the kitchen area of a snack bar / lounge or diner or other small zone in a car requiring air conditioning zones.
The package features include:
- Powder coated metal finish for long service life.
- Air conditioning evaporator pipe may exit from the left or right side or end (must be specified at time of order) or from the air intake end. Certain configurations require a custom evaporator coil, which is a long lead time item.
- Evaporator drain pan has connections to the side and air intake end for best customer convenience.
- May fit in a variety of locations in the overhead area of various passenger car designs, or even modified or adapted to fit various other locations such as equipment lockers.
- Heat capacity may be left off entirely, or have various configurations added. Standard version has 6kW or 12kW of heat.
- System may be 240 volt or 480 volt.
- Blower supply air may be configured to exit the unit to the side or the end.
- Blower and evaporator sections may be configured to provide access to the unit from above, for installation in cars with roof access hatches. Additional configuration changes allow for unusual situations.
- One reasonably popular configuration for the NW-BEOH-S is to install two units in a car: one at each end. They can then both be tied to a single NW-100-CN condenser or similar configuration of our standard condenser.
Related Products from Northwest Rail Electric:
For those doing a complete upgrade on a railroad passenger car, we also offer:
[ Railway Heating and Air Conditioning ] [ Under-Car Package HVAC Unit ] [ Roof Package HVAC Unit ] [ Electrical Systems ] [ Custom Controls for Railways ] [ Generator Controls ] [ HEP Parts ] [ HEP Yard Power Units ] [ Under-Car HEP Generators ]
[ Home ] [ List of Products and Services ] [ e-mail ]