[ Home ] [ Air Conditioning ] [ Overhead Evaporator and Heat Package ] [ Locker with HVAC Control ] [ Custom HVAC Examples ] [ HEP ]
NW-BEOH-S Passenger Car Overhead Air Conditioning Evaporator
Phone: (503) 231-4808 Fax: (503) 230-0572 E-mail
See where our equipment is located on a typical railway passenger car
Our NW-BEOH-S system was originally designed for systems where the original equipment had an evaporator at both ends of the car. However, a number of other cutomers have found this low capacity overhead heat and air conditioning evaporator helpful in various locations on their passenger cars. This has included providing separate control of a lounge in a sleeper lounge car, or the kitchen area of a snack bar / lounge or diner or other small zone in a car requiring air conditioning zones.
The package features include:
- Powder coated metal finish for long service life.
- Air conditioning evaporator pipe may exit from the left or right side or end (must be specified at time of order) or from the air intake end. Certain configurations require a custom evaporator coil, which is a long lead time item.
- Evaporator drain pan has connections to the side and air intake end for best customer convenience.
- May fit in a variety of locations in the overhead area of various passenger car designs, or even modified or adapted to fit various other locations such as equipment lockers.
- Heat capacity may be left off entirely, or have various configurations added. Standard version has 6kW or 12kW of heat.
- System may be 240 volt or 480 volt.
- Blower supply air may be configured to exit the unit to the side or the end.
- Blower and evaporator sections may be configured to provide access to the unit from above, for installation in cars with roof access hatches. Additional configuration changes allow for unusual situations.
- One reasonably popular configuration for the NW-BEOH-S is to install two units in a car: one at each end. They can then both be tied to a single NW-100-CN condenser or similar configuration of our standard condenser.
Related Products from Northwest Rail Electric:
For those doing a complete upgrade on a railroad passenger car, we also offer:
- The NW-BEOH-S heater and evaporator is designed for situations where the NW-BEOH-C would provide too much capacity. Examples include dining or kitchen areas, cars with two separate sections such as lounge and bedrooms, or the very small heritage coaches on some tourist railroads.
- Vertically arranged evaporator units for passenger cars where the most convenient interior space for installing heat and air conditioning is a closet shaped space.
- The NW-BEOH-CAB is intended for cooling even smaller areas.
- Under-Car Condensers as a companion condenser for the above evaporator units.
[ Railway Heating and Air Conditioning ] [ Under-Car Package HVAC Unit ] [ Roof Package HVAC Unit ] [ Electrical Systems ] [ Custom Controls for Railways ] [ Generator Controls ] [ HEP Parts ] [ HEP Yard Power Units ] [ Under-Car HEP Generators ]
[ Home ] [ List of Products and Services ] [ e-mail ]